Thursday, February 22, 2018

22 FEBRUARY 2018

First thing this morning I popped a loaf of bread into the bread maker then set about making a good supply of soap.  I've been a little slack when it comes to making our soap, but needing to tighten the purse strings a little, it is time to get back into it.  I make a very basic olive oil soap, no fragrance added from a tried and true recipe.  This batch yields 20 good size bars and with my ingredient cost at $14.25, that's around $0.71 a bar.  I think that's a pretty good saving.

Bread made for the day.

Gathering equipment for the soap.

All done in half an hour, now to let it cure.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love reading your comments and if I don't reply to all of them, please know I appreciate every one.
Have a lovely day :)